Being fit and healthy it is important to know what nutritional foods you should eat. Sure, you could just eat what you wanted and swallow a few nutritional supplements to get the nutrients you need. However…This method really isn’t advisable. Nutrients are best, and most potent when they come from a food source. There are many foods that are packed with nutrients, but the following are must haves.
5. Blueberries are one of the most nutritional foods on the planet. Not only do they contain a powerful antioxidant, but they are also low in calories and rich in fiber. Eating blueberries can help promote healthy aging, improve your memory, and even prevent urinary tract infections.
4. Red beans are another one of the great nutritional foods. Red beans are rich in minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, potassium and thiamin. They are also a great source of protein and dietary fiber. Plus, they are low in fat.
3. An apple a day sure can help keep the doctor away. That is why apples are one of the most nutritional foods. Apples are a great source of the antioxidant vitamin C. Plus, apples have a high level of the soluble fiber pectin. Pectin can help reduce cholesterol and glucose levels.
2. Sweet potatoes are not only delicious, but they are one of the most nutritional foods that you can consume. They are rich in beta carotene, fiber, vitamin B-6, vitamin C and vitamin E. They also have folate and potassium. Eating sweet potatoes regularly can help delay the aging process, and reduce your risk of certain cancers. Plus, they are fat free and low in calories.
1. If sometimes you feel like a nut, then you should grab a handful of almonds. Almonds are one of the most nutritional foods you can snack on. They are filled with fiber, magnesium, riboflavin, calcium and iron. Almonds are good for your heart, and they can help lower your cholestorol. Plus, they also have an abundance of vitamin E and they are protein rich.